Saturday, May 30, 2009

Home for a while!

After our trip to Santa Fe, I turned around and went to Lafayette for a workshop at the home of my good friend, Jen Lowe. We were playing with Opals embossing enamels, so it was great fun and she is such a wonderful hostess. She talked me into teaching a class at the retreat this coming October, so...... I will be getting certified in Opals in August when Linda Hanson of After Midnight Art Stamps comes back to Colorado. Can hardly wait!

In the meantime, have done a little bit of creating in the card department. Of course, Father's Day is coming up and and since I wanted to try some of the techniques in the last Technique Junkie's Newletter, decided I'd get ahead of things so I don't have to do a Father's Day card at the last minute for DH! The car is colored turquoise with colored pencils because my grandfather used to have an old turquoise Chevy. It was in our family until about 10 years ago, but I do know where it is and would love to get it and restore it. Had lots of good times in it! All supplies are Stampin' Up
Stamps: Thoughts of Father
Inks: Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip







An e-mail friend from Stampin' Up, Ruthann Suttles, sent us a very sweet anniversary card, even though she's been running ragged with her DH in the hospital, so the least I could do was to RAK her back. I tried the color pop technique from TJ for a thank-you card. Again, all supplies are from Stampin' Up.



Stamps: Soft Summer

Inks: Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace, Old Olive and Yo-Yo Yellow

Paper: Almost Amethyst, Whisper White






Last, but not least was the monthly DTP swap for Technique Junkies. I was a little delayed, thanks to being gone, plus having several medical procedures done the last couple of weeks, but I finally got my card off to Linda Aschenbach, who had sent me such a lovely card. Even though I wanted to do something out of the last TJ newsletter, I ended up falling back on one of my favorite techniques - faux batik. It is such a fun technique and so easy, plus when you're done, you're ready to use the background right away since you don't have to let it dry or anything! And I so dearly love butterflies, so........... The shimmer and shine doesn't show up
Stamps: Winged Things (big butterfly) and Great Friend (small butterflies), Sweet and Sassy (word stamp)
Paper: Watercolor, Elegant Eggplant and Pacific Blue
Sprays: Pearl Glimmer Mist, Tsukineko Lilac Walnut Ink and Blue Lagoon Memories Mists




No comments: