Sunday, March 29, 2009

Winds and more winds!

This time of year, we always say that Utah is moving in as we have high western winds and get a lot of red dirt from the high deserts of Utah. Last Sunday, the wind was especially vicious, with just waves of red dust blowing. I was thankful we weren't on the road pulling a camper or trailer of some kind because it would have been all over the road. We have had some snow and rain, altho nothing like they've gotten on the Eastern Slope, and it did clean the air, but the wind is blowing hard again this afternoon and the skies are looking red again. There is supposed to be another storm front moving through, so we'll see if we get any moisture from it. We are so dependent on winter snow and what small amounts of spring rains we get to give the crops a good start and provide plenty of irrigation water for the rest of the summer. I was totally flabbergasted a couple of years ago to learn that right here where I live, we have a lower annual rainfall than Tucson, AZ!


And another deadline!! I have been a Stampin' Up demo for about seven years ago and a member of the SUFriends Yahoo group since I first signed up. Soon after I signed up, we had a card swap where we included info about ourselves so we could get a little better acquainted and I participated in it. SUFriends is now celebrating its 10th anniversary (Congrats!!) and to celebrate, one of the members is hosting another "get acquainted" swap - which I signed up for and promptly forgot about! It dawned on me about Wed. that I had signed up for it and when I checked, that was the post-mark date! Oops! I contacted the hostess and she graciously gave me an extension, altho I had to take some liberty with it since I had to make a quick trip to the VA hospital 40 miles away with DH Fri. afternoon (he's okay now). Anyhow, I have my cards all done and ready to go in the mail tomorrow. My cards were done with a modified polished stone technique, using Pixie Pink (of course, they are supposed to be done using SU products!), Mellow Moss and Pale Plum inks on glossy. The flower is from Echos of Kindness, a hostess level 2 gift and colored with Pixie Pink and Garden Green watercolor crayons. Papers used are Pixie Pink, Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke. The butterfly is done with a Cuttlebug cut/emboss folder from Pixie Pink paper. The ribbon isn't SU, but I think that will be allowed!

No comments: