Monday, March 16, 2009

Deadlines - Again!


Well, another deadline popped up - but at least I got it all under control. Saw the notice in the paper this a.m. of the death of my dentist all the time I was growing up (he was the only one in town - LOL). He enjoyed riding mules and after he and my dad both retired, they would head for the high country, Doc on his mule and Daddy on his horse. They rode together for 20-25 years and now they're riding together again. Happy trails to you both!

Wanted just a quick and easy card to take to the funeral, so dug around in some stack packs and came up with this card. Everything except the printed paper is Stampin' Up - Hunter Green, Whisper White and Going Grey. The background paper is from DCWV's Old World Mat Stack. Stamps are from SU's Brighter Tomorrow and I added grey ribbon, adorned with the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware. I thought it all came together quite well. I really need to get another sympathy card done for a woman I've know since she was a baby who also passed away yesterday, but we'll have to see.

I belong to TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) - I know, it really doesn't look it - but I am supposed to have the program Thur. a.m. and I am hoping I can get enough kits put together that we can do some quick and easy cards to have on hand for birthdays, etc. Wish me luck, as I have at least the one funeral to go to Wed. a.m. - the other one is that afternoon, but how close I am to being ready for Thur. will decide whether we go! Will post some of the ideas we're going to use later.

Hope you're having a good week!

No comments: